Friday, December 4, 2009

26 things to do before I turn 27.

Every year on her birthday, my friend Val (of in the mean time fame) makes a resolution for every year she has been alive. This year I am adopting this tradition and making 26 resolutions that I must complete by my next birthday. They are as follows:

  1. Get a drivers license
  2. Attend at least one live music event a month
  3. Successfully cook: a souffle, creme brulee, puff pastry, fried chicken, sushi
  4. Create at least 5 recipes from scratch
  5. Visit NYC for a weekend
  6. Visit one place I have never been before
  7. Approach one person I have never talked to before
  8. Communicate with distant friends more often
  9. Reconnect with friends I have fallen out of touch with
  10. Read at least one book a month
  11. Move into my own place (or only have one roommate)
  12. Play a game of putt-putt
  13. Get a new camera & take more pictures with friends
  14. Learn the Thriller Dance
  15. Start and maintain a blog
  16. Obtain a more positive body image
  17. Run 7 miles in an hour
  18. Attend an art gallery opening
  19. Save $4,000
  20. Begin some form of financial planning more than just a savings account
  21. Try at least one new restaurant a month
  22. Start a herb garden
  23. Volunteer at 5 separate charity events
  24. Donate $200 to charity ($100 to (c)(3) and & 100 to (c)(4))
  25. Get a story on MLIA
  26. Have 27 resolutions by my 27th birthday
Wish me luck

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tim,

    I can probably help you with visiting NYC for a weekend, given my grandparents live there. Lemme know when you're available and I can try to work something out with my grandma.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally help you with number 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on a list myself. I only have 4 months, though. But living in DC will make it interesting.

    signed,

    miss young

    ReplyDelete